I grew up, life started getting tough 1






I grew up, life started getting tough.  For instance, someone in the family would fall sick and being hopeless, I would turn to prayers.  On the other hand, I was scaling the education ladder and preparing and sitting for exams, and it presented an opportunity to pray and ask God to enable me to sail through.  I cannot recall whether I used to thank God after the exam or for the success I was enjoying in academic circles, but for sure God was answering my prayers.

The turning point in my life came in 1995, when I reflected on my past.  It became clear that God was in full control of my life.  It dawned on me that if it were not for God, my life would have taken a different direction.
By then I had graduated with a first class honors degree, but I had no job. It was after listening to a T.V. program, and hearing a testimony of a sister-in-Christ who was really enjoying God's divine interventions in all circumstances, that I was jolted to reality and I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Savior - by God's grace. This meant committing my life to God and letting Him run the show. 
It took this simple but very important step (accepting Jesus as my personal savior) to get a job, for I had a job in three days!  God gave me the strength to quit smoking (I had been struggling with this for years).  Surrendering all to Jesus is a lesson I have learned in my born again life. 
God is faithful and so real to me, and many are the wonders He has done in my life.  God has blessed me in far many ways than I can count.  I trust in Him to keep on protecting, guiding and providing for me.






Comments

Popular Posts